05 Nov Sooji Kesari- by Rukzana
- 1 cup Fine Sooji-
- 1⅓ cup Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- handful Cashews and raisins
- 1 + 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 pinch Orange or yellow food colour
- Salt ( optional )
- 3-4 Cardamom ( crushed )
- In a heated pan, add 1 tbsp ghee and fry cashews and raisins. Keep them aside.
- Add sooji to the same pan and roast them until fragrant and turns golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Now boil 3 cups of water with a pinch of salt and food colour of your choice.
- When the water is boiling , slowly add roasted sooji little by little and keep mixing them , so no lumps are formed.
- Add the cashews and raisins too. Save few for garnishing at the end.
- Finally add sugar and keep mixing.
- When they come together finish with 2 tbsp of ghee and cardamom.
- Serve hot with garnish or let them cool down and cut into desired pieces.