20 Nov Tomato Peas Pulao – by Rukzana
Tomato Peas Pulao
- 2-3 tbsp Oil /Ghee
- 2 tbs Cumin seeds-
- 1 tbs Fennel seeds-
- 1 small stick Cinnamon
- 2 each Cardamom and Cloves
- 1 Star anise
- 1 finely chopped Onion ( medium )
- 4 finely chopped Tomatoes ( medium)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 slit length wise Green Chillies
- 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves & Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Peas( Frozen)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1.5 cups Wate
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
- In a pot, heat ghee/oil.
- Add the whole spices and green chilli.
- When they sizzle , add ginger garlic paste.
- Give a good mix and immediately add onion.
- When onions are golden brown, add coriander and mint leaves.
- After a minute, add in tomatoes and cook till it gets mushy.
- Now add chilli powder and salt.
- Let the masala get cooked well and when the
- ghee/oil separates, add 1.5 cups of water.
- Let the water come to boil.
- Add rice and let 70% of water gets absorbed by rice in medium flame.
- Finally add the peas and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until they are completely cooked.
- Garnish with nuts and coriander leaves.