23 Sep Idli Sambhar – by chef Mano
- 1.5 cup Idli rice
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 4 cup Urd dal
- Salt -as needed
- Oil- (To spread on the moulds)
- 1 cup Sambar dal
- 2 Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Egg plant
- 1 Drumstick
- 50 gm Sambar powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 pinch Asafoetida
- 40 gm Thamarind (soak in warm water)
- Salt – as you needed
- 100 ml Oil
- 2 sprig Curry leaf
- 20 gm Mustered seeds
- 5 Kashmiri chilli
- Soak the rice and urd dal for 4 hrs
- Wash and grind the rice and urd dal separate to a medium smooth paste.
- Mix together with less water and keep it for fermenting.
- If it’s a cold climate I recommend adding 1tsp of yeast into the mixture.
- Next day mix the mixture well, add salt, oil the idli moulds and pour.
- Steam it for 15 min and serve it with Chutney or sambar.
- Wash the sambar dal, add a pinch of turmeric and boil to a smooth paste.
- up a kadai, add oil, crackle mustard seed, chilli and curry leaf.
- Add all diced vegetables into the mixture, sautéfor a while. Add all masalas excepet asefotida
- Add water and let it get boil until the vegetables are smooth. Add the cooked dal,boil until all the forth comes on top.
- Skim the forth,add thamrind water,sprinkle with asafoetida and check salt.