22 Oct Vermicelli Sago Kheer
Vermicelli Sago Kheer
- 1/2 cup Toasted vermicelli
- 1 cup sago
- 3 cups milk
- Half a tin or as per taste Condensed milk
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- Few strands saffron
- Few cashews and raisins
- Wash and soak sago for 4 to 6 hours
- Cook the roasted vermicelli in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and wash in cold water. It should not be overcooked.
- Heat ghee, roast the cashews and raisins. Drain and keep aside.
- Add milk and let the milk boil for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the sago to the boiling milk and cook until most of them turn clear and then add cooked vermicelli.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook further till you get the desired consistency.
- The kheer becomes thick after cooling, so make sure you keep the consistency a little runny.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with cashews, raisins, and saffron.
Serve chilled or hot, though I always serve the kheers chilled.