17 Jul Whole Lamb Leg Biryani – by Chef Mano
Whole lamb leg Mughlai Biryani
- 1.5 kg Whole lamb leg (9 Score the lamb leg with a sharp knife)
Masala paste (Grind everything together)
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Biriyani masala
- 1/2 bunch Mint
- 1/2 bunch Coriander
- 80 gm Ginger and garlic paste
- 200 ml Yoghurt
- Salt -as per requirement
- 750 gm Basmati rice (wash and soak it for ½ hr)
- 3 ltr water
- 3 finely sliced Onion
- 40 gm Whole spices
- 200 ml Ghee
- Salt-as per requirement
- 1 pinch Saffron (soaked in 40 ml milk)
- 50 gm Fried onion
- Marinate the whole lamb in ground masala and keep it for ½ hr.
- Heat up a thick bottom pot. Add ghee and crackle whole spices
- Add sliced onion and Sautee until brown.
- Place the marinated lamb and add 3 litter of water .let it get cook until lamb is soft.
- Remove the lamb leg. Add more water to cook the rice.
- Add rice into the stock, salt and stir it until the rice well mixed.
- Leave it until most of the water absorbed.Immerse the cooked lamb leg in the rice, sprinkle rose water, rest of the ghee and seal it with a lid and cook it in slow fire for ½ hr.
- Switch of the fire and let it cook for another 15 min. Open the lid, remove the lamb leg and place it a platter topped with rice, sprinkle with fried onion and coriander leaf.
A wonderful meal for winter time – best choice of spices from Yes Yes.